A recipe by Marisa McClellan from Serious Eats, this is an easy-to-prepare side dish using frost-kissed carrots fresh mint from the Farm. Goes great as a side for lighter proteins or even tossed into a mixed greens salad.
- 1 medium pot
- 1 bowl
- 1.5 pounds carrots
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 -2 small cloves of garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp chopped mint
- 1/2 tsp salt kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- Peel carrots and slice them into thick rounds. Simmer in a pot of salted water until just tender.
- While carrots cook, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, mint, garlic, salt and pepper.
- When carrots are fork tender, drain them.
- Toss warm carrots together with vinaigrette and let them sit until carrots are cool.
- Place carrots in refrigerator and let them marinate for at least 1 hour before serving. They can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Play around with this recipe by utilizing different cooking techniques! Grill the carrots instead of simmering them, or use champagne vinegar in the marinade instead. You can also use a combination of olive oil and mint oil instead using chopped mint.