Volunteer Session: Native Seed Collecting
October 7 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am| Free
Join us as we collect native grass seeds! Fall is here and that means many of our native grasses are going to seed. As part of this activity, you’ll learn how to ID several different species of native grasses and how to properly collect and store their seeds. The seeds we collect as part of this event will be used for further grassland restoration throughout Willowsford.
Things to know:
- This volunteer activity is limited to 10 people to reduce heavy foot traffic throughout sensitive restoration areas. Be sure to RSVP below to save your spot!
- Be sure to dress appropriately for the outdoors. We strongly suggest wearing close-toed shoes and long pants as we will be walking through some pretty tall and dense grass. You may also want to familiarize yourself with tick safety. We will be collecting seed in an open meadow so prepare to be in direct sun and be sure to bring water to stay hydrated.
- In case of rain this event will be rescheduled.
- Children are welcome. This event is recommended for ages 8+.
- We will meet in the parking area for Grant Family Campground then take a 5 minute walk to our seed collection site.
Please scroll down to RSVP. Feel free to contact email@example.com with any questions about this event.