The Waivering Family recipe voted M-V-Potluck dish at the 2013 Willowsford Fall Farm Day
- Preheat oven to 425°F (convection roast if available).
- Wash delicata squash, cut off ends and then cut in half, lengthwise.
- Scoop out seeds/strings, peel, and then cut into thirds or halves to make wedges.
- In a bowl, combine to make slurry/paste: olive oil (4 parts or to taste), brown sugar (2 parts or to taste), chili powder (1 part or to taste), Aleppo pepper – could also use black/crushed red pepper (1 part or to taste), and Mexican oregano – could also use regular oregano (1 part or to taste).
- Rub slurry/paste over each piece of squash.
- Lay coated squash, inside facing down, on casserole dish/cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt and additional Aleppo pepper & Mexican oregano to taste.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes (until golden – but not too brown).