1 medium eggplant
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 roasted red pepper, cut into strips
2 ounces goat cheese
Balsamic Glaze, see below
4 basil leaves, chiffonade
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Trim the eggplant and zucchini and slice them crosswise into 1/3-inch thick slices. Brush them with olive oil.
- Grill the eggplant and zucchini for 2 to 4 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and cooked through.
- Lay the slices on a work surface and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place a slice of grilled eggplant on each serving plate. Spread a teaspoon of goat cheese over the eggplant and top with a slice of grilled zucchini. Place a few strips of red pepper on top.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic. Garnish with basil.
For the Balsamic Glaze: In a small saucepan, simmer 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar until it has reduced by half. Store at room temperature until ready to use.