This is a great way to work more leafy greens into your diet. Once you get used to drinking vegetables, add another handful or two of greens into the blender. Serves 2.
2 cups strawberries
1 cup greens, such as spinach, kale or chard
1 cup ice
- Puree the strawberries in a blender with 2 tablespoons water. Add the greens and ice and puree.
- For a thinner juice, add 1/4 cup water or fruit juice.
- For a thicker juice, add banana or avocado.
- For additional nutrition, add a tablespoon of chai seeds, flax seeds or wheat germ.
- For a flavor boost, add 1 teaspoon grated ginger root or 1 tablespoon fresh basil, mint or parsley leaves.
- For a protein boost, add 1 cup plain or flavored yogurt.
- For a sweeter taste, add honey.