Makes 3 cups
For the Ice Cream
1 cup whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
8 egg yolks
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup peach puree
3 tablespoons Catoctin Creek Rye, optional
- Place the milk and cream in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- In a separate saucepan, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together. Slowly whisk the hot milk mixture into the egg yolk mixture.
- Place the egg mixture over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the mixture thickens slightly. Immediately pour the mixture into a bowl, add the peach puree and rye if using and let cool.
- Freeze in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer’s instructions.
For the Peach Puree
2 ripe peaches, quartered, peeled and pitted
- In a blender or food processor, puree the peaches. Store for 1 day in the refrigerator. Freeze for longer storage.